5 Tips on how to have a better birth!
So many of us spend so much time preparing thing for once our baby has arrived...purchasing the nursery furniture, the pram, the clothes and toys but I have noticed that many of us have forgotten about the importance of preparing for our birth and knowing what our options are...
And YES we DO have options!
I didn't know this... I just assumed that I go to the doctor and they tell me where to go and who to see and where to birth and how I should birth and what drugs I could have.... until a friend mentioned Hypnobirthing to me.
Of course my first response was HYPNO What??? But I decided to look further into it and I realised that I knew absolutely nothing about birth and about my options and I had no idea on how to birth so it was my decision to take a Hypnobirthing Course!.... And it was the best decision I have EVER made!
Its through my own experiences that I want to share with you all some tips that I believe everyone should know about when it comes to preparing for birth... I wish I had been told this when I was pregnant.
1. Set a Goal for yourself - Sit down with your partner and actually discuss what you want for your birth and how you are going to achieve it.
2. Choosing the right care provider - This is such an important time in your life and you need to choose a care provider who is going to support you and help you achieve your goal. If you want to achieve a natural birth you don't want to choose an Obstetrician who has a high intervention or caesarean rate because its more than likely that you will end up down that track as well. So you really need to interview a range of different care providers and find one who is going to help you best reach your goal.
3. Take a Childbirth Education Course - Understanding how your body is designed to work and how Fear of birth can actually affect your birthing body is really important. By taking a childbirth education course like the Hypnobirthing Australia course that Belly2Birth offers you will learn proven techniques to help you achieve your goal and it will also help you create a more positive experience. Knowledge is Power so the more you know about your options the better chance you will have in achieving the kind of birth that you want.
4. Invest in your Birth! - We can spend hundreds and even thousands of dollars buying the material things for our babies... Some prams can cost over $1000, So why is it that we can spend all this money on things that we can return but we don't want to invest in preparing our mind and body for one of the most important days of our life.. the birth of our baby. There are many professionals in our town who are passionate about supporting us and helping us achieve a healthier pregnancy and more positive birth so I encourage you to contact some of them and ask them how they can help you achieve your goal. For more information on the services available to you visit www.pregnancybirthbabynetwork.com.au
5. Believe in yourself and your ability to birth - Creating and Maintaining a positive mindset is so important in achieving a calm and positive birth.. Remember that you are made to do this!! Just as your body is growing your baby it also knows how to finish the job. Start asking yourself what you actually fear about birth? And what are you going to do to overcome those fears and replace them with more positive thoughts and tools to help you. When you believe in yourself its AMAZING what you can do... And You can have the birth you want.. It may take some work but if you really want something you can achieve it!!
Take CONTROL of your birth today... I can help you achieve the Calm, Relaxed and Positive that you want and that you Deserve. Call me today for a chat about the courses I offer